Located in the Bronx on 240 acres, the NY Botanical Garden is a wonderful getaway from busy city life. Open year round, the park contains collections of various and exotic flowers, vegetables, forests, a conservatory, a reflecting pool, and bunnies.Email this post
Our public libraries offer a Netflix-like service to reserve DVDs and music!
- Search the NY Public Library to reserve a DVD by searching “Title (Alphabetical)” for the easiest results. When it is available, you can have it mailed to your home or receive an email or a call. You must have a NY Public Library card (not from other boros) to take advantage of this.
- Reserve music or DVDs at the Queens Public Library. The site can tell you where the requested item is available and you can pick it up or transfer it to your location. You must have a Queens Library card (not from other boroughs) to take advantage of this.
- OR you can turn on channel 1008 for Free Movies on Demand if you have Time Warner Cable.
Noble offers exceptional free computer graphics and web design seminars. Headed by excellent teachers, these free seminars will teach you Adobe programs, give specific recommendations, career advice, Mac and PC tips, and also has a free job board. These seminars range from 1-2 hours and are lecture style. Check the website for dates and details.Email this post
$1 Burgers, $2 Shots, and $3 draft beers. So cheap and they have a great selection of beers, shots, and other cheap food!Email this post
Craigslist is awesome! We use it ALL the time. We’ve decorated our apartments with pictures and furniture free from here and have also gotten free tickets and bartered with toilet paper for art. You can also find a job for free or look for a date. Go to the site to:
- Barter for free stuff or services. See what you can get without any money.
- Free goods and services listed with new items added every minute. See what you can get absolutely free.
- See Craigslists’s calendar of events, some of which are free.
- Find a new job