- 59th Street Bridge/Queensborough Bridge – free both directions, Astoria to 59th St NYC
- Bayonne Bridge- free Northbound from Staten Island to NJ
- Brooklyn Bridge- free both directions, Brooklyn and LES NYC
- Goethals Bridge- free Westbound from Staten Island to NJ
- Holland Tunnel- free Westbound from SOHO NYC to NJ
- Lincoln Tunnel- free Westbound from Midtown NYC to NJ
- Manhattan Bridge- free both directions, Brooklyn to Canal St NYC
- Outerbridge Crossing- free Westbound from Staten Island to NJ
- Third Avenue Bridge- free both directions, Harlem NYC to the Bronx
- Verrazano-Narrows Bridge- free Eastbound from Staten Island to Brooklyn
- Williamsburg Bridge- free both directions, LES NYC and Brooklyn
- Willis Avenue Bridge- free both directions, Harlem NYC to the Bronx
TRANSPORTATION in NYC
Have a car or wish you did? Free and cheap transportation in NYC including buses, rides, and parking.
Get out of the city and go on a vacation! Okay it’s not free but it’s cheap.
- You can drive someone else’s car cross country- first tank of gas is free and other perks depend on the car’s owner. See Auto Driveaway’s website for more details and to sign up.
- Bolt Bus offers fares to Philladelphia, Boston, or DC sometimes as low as $1. Every bus has at least one $1 ticket. Keep searching until you see one! Also has free wifi.
- Apex Bus will take you to most eastern coast cities for $20-35 one way with free wifi!
- Sunshine Boston will take you to Mohegan Sun Casino for $12-17 for the bus ticket fee AND a bonus of $30 towards their bets and a $15 dining certificate.
- Chinatown-Bus, NYDC Express, Premium Bus, New Century Travel, and AA Bus will take you to DC for $20 one way/$35 round-trip and Philadelphia for $15/$20.
- Fung Wah Bus and Boston Deluxe will get you to Boston for $15 one way.
- Bus rides from Megabus are so cheap!! Rides out of Manhattan are as low as $5 to major Eastern coastal cities and upstate and we didn’t see any for more than $15 (even to DC).
- Tiger Agency will transport you to Virgina Beach for $35 one way.
- Today Bus will take you to Philly for $12 one way.
- Tony Coach brings you to DC for $10 one way.
- Washington Deluxe will take you to DC for $21 one way/40 round trip with free wifi!
This organization offers women, transgender, and gender queer individuals a free, safe, late night ride home in 35 NYC neighborhoods. To call for a ride, the dispatch number is (718) 964-7781.Email this post
Free water taxi to Red Hook (thanks IKEA!). Technically it’s for Ikea customers but you don’t have to buy anything or even go in the store to enjoy the free ride across the river.Email this post